Rules, Policies and Procedures
Drivers Education in Cooperation with My Florida Training and Testing Center, LLC Rules, Policies, & Procedures for full completion of program.
1. Drivers Education is taken for NO school credit. Only FULL completion of this class will enable students to receive money saving insurance discount certificate where it applies. Full completion would mean any missed test, classroom days, up to (2) made up completely with written work given by instructor along with attendance at Parent’s Night by student and at least 1 parent/representative as described.
2. Option 1- Class will start right after the regular school day and will last for 2 hours each time. Parents ARE RESPONSIBLE for students after (2) hours.
Students will ALWAYS be out on time for parent pick up. Driving times will
be (2) three hours in length and will be set up later in the course. Students
will drive on non-classroom days or Fridays or even sometimes after
classroom days if needed.
Option 2- Classroom instruction will start at 09:00 a.m. every Saturday and will last for 3 hours; Driving times will be (3) four hours in length and will be set up by first day of the course. Students may drive on non-classroom days. Parents ARE RESPONSIBLE for students after each instruction. Students will ALWAYS be out on time for parent pick up.
3. Option 1- Being tardy to class will result in possible removal and discipline issues, being tardy (3) times and or missing (2) classes will be an automatic removal from class…once enrolled students cannot take class again in any high school.
Option 2- Being tardy to class will result in possible removal and discipline issues, being tardy (3) times and or missing (2) classes will be an automatic removal from class…once enrolled; students will be placed on a wait list to re-register. on 1-
4. All rules which are followed during the regular day shall and will be
observed during Drivers Education classes. See your student handbook.
5. STUDENTS SHOULD ARRANGE TO BE PICKED UP ON TIME, IMMEDIATELY AFTERCLASSROOM/DRIVING SEGMENTS BEGIN. You will know your required days of classroom and on road commitments months in advance.
6. DO NOT SCHEDULE DOCTORS, DENTIST, and appointments (etc.) on
classrooms or scheduled driving days.
7. Any class that is missed must be made up. More than (2) DAYS MISSED
WILL NOT ALLOW STUDENTS AN INSURANCE CERTIFICATE FROM MFTTC and student will be removed from the class. Make up work will include the Unit Test or activity missed plus any work that the instructor feels appropriate to solidify the material missed, usually at least 8 pages front & back minimum of hand written work per 2 hours missed, usually at least 8 pages front & back minimum of hand written work per 2 hours missed. No Insurance discount certificate will be issued by MFTTC if days are missed and not made up with appropriate make up work.
8. Option 1-All classrooms will usually meet on Tuesday and Thursday. Option 2- All classroom will usually meet every Saturday.
9. Option 1-Driving on EARLY RELEASE days won’t usually happen unless
arrangements are made by individual instructor and a group of students.
10. All students will have instructor announce daily a schedule for behind the
wheel training once final class rosters have been determined. This schedule
once completed will be for the entire semester. (You will know exactly what
days you and your group will drive on well in advance so you can plan
accordingly.) Sheets are usually sent home indicating drive dates & times.
11. Option 1-Behind the wheel training will take place on days when you are not in the classroom (i.e. Monday & Wednesday, & certain Fridays. It will begin
during the 2nd day of Drivers Ed. Students will be in the car 3 at a time and
will be picked up and dropped off at a designated spot on campus.th
Option 2–Behind the wheel training will take place on Saturdays following classroom and after a lunch break. It will begin during the 1st day of Drivers Ed. Students will be in the car 3 at a time and will be picked up and dropped off at MFTTC’s training facility.th
costs being spread evenly to the 2 or 3 students.
12. FAILURE TO NOT SHOW FOR A BEHIND THE WHEEL APPOINTMENT WILL RESULT IN NO INSURANCE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE GIVEN. THESE TIMES ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE UP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM TO OBTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATE @120.00 PER 3 HOUR SESSION.
13. Behind the wheel lessons will be 3 hours long per every 3 students. All
students should arrange to be picked up after their (2) 3 hour driving blocks
as mentioned before with the classroom. No one can be dropped off at work
or at home, students will always be returned to high school/MFTTC’s training facility where PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PICK UP AND WELL BEING AFTER THE 3 HOUR DRIVING SLOT IS FINISHED. The instructor will not wait for parents to arrive.
14. Students will sign up at the end of the week or once final roster is determined
for driving slots. You must have your learners permit or license to sign up
with your group on the driving sheet.
15. Students who don’t have learners permits can pay for a 4 hour drug and
alcohol class which is offered through MFTTC (not included in this program). Call
769-1010 or 522-6505 to sign up for a live classroom or do it online and take
the permit test www.MyFloridaTrainingCenter.com
16. Your learners permit will cost you also, you pay that to the Drivers License
office on the day you take your Learners Permit Test or provide verification
that you have completed the test online at www.MyFloridaTrainingCenter.com
17. Any questions ask your instructor and if they can’t answer them they will
have an answer tomorrow.
18. All students will be required to keep a binder in class for materials covered and verification of missed assignments. The binder will be kept in the Drivers
Education classroom and will be used each day by the students. This binder
will need to be purchased by the student.
19. Option 1-Parent’s Night is a requirement and at least 1 parent or an adult
representative must attend one of the 3 Parent’s nights held (1 time)
during the 9 weeks in which a student is enrolled. If you cannot
attend your “home” high school than it is ok to attend another high schools
night to fulfill your Parents Night requirements. Dates and locations will be
listed on our online calendar.
Option 2,3- Parent’s day is a requirement and at least 1 parent or an adult
representative must attend one of the 3 Parent’s day held (1 time) on two Saturdays during the 9 week course. If you cannot
attend on a Saturday, you may attend a parents night at one of the high schools
night to fulfill your Parents day requirements. Dates and locations will be
listed on our online calendar.
20. A signed acknowledgement form of these rules must be signed by the student and parent at time of registration.