HAZWAPOR 40 Hour Course
This course covers broad issues pertaining to the hazard recognition at work sites. HAZWOPER 40 Hour is required for employees working on a project consisting of Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Operation mandated by the Government. This course is specifically designed for workers who are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites. Topics include protection against hazardous chemicals, elimination of hazardous chemicals, safety of workers and the environment and OSHA regulations. This course is in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120.
Benefits of taking this course:
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE:
- Certificate of Completion awarding 40 hours upon successful completion of the course
- Note: Trainees must have additional hands-on training in the donning, doffing, and use of the Personal Protective Equipment required for their jobsite(s) in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120.